Twin Cities Tech Events
The Twin Cities has an unbelievable number of tech events. This is my attempt to make sense of it all.
A few select meetups are included, but I don't intend to copy every meetup off meetup.com.
Want to add your group or see an error? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me a pull request directly.
- Minnebar April -- massive tech community "unconference"
- Minnedemo 3 times a year, next is July 14 -- 7-minute live startup product demos
- MHTA April -- where the bigger local tech companies get together
- eyeo June -- Minnesota's version of SxSW. Costs $700 and sells out in minutes.
- Tech Cities February -- Conference on tech talent and retention to continue to bill Minnesota as the Tech Capital of the North!
- Maker Faire May -- makers show off their projects
- Ignite Minneapolis quarterly -- TED-like talks with a techy bent
- TEDxMinneapolis August -- actual TED talks with a techy bent
Web and Mobile
Analytics / Data Science
UX / Product
- GLITCH CON April -- Minnesota's only game development conference
- Gamers Rhapsody November -- a video game media (music) convention
- IGDA Twin Cities monthly -- general presentations on game industry topics
- MN VR & HCI monthly -- Virtual Reality, Human-Computer Interaction, hardware hacking, creative coding and interactive art
- Minnesota Electronic Theater December -- Awards for computer graphics work sponsored by MSP SIGGRAPH
Devices / Embedded
Open Data and Government